For all EMERGENCIES or URGENT SAFETY REPAIRS please contact the following numbers:-
During Business Hours
Contact our office immediately on (02) 6583 7499
Outside Business Hours
Call Michael Percival on 0404 466 501 OR Michelle Percival on 0404 466 500. If unable to contact Michael or Michelle then refer to the emergency contractors below.
For all electrical and plumbing emergencies please contact the following preferred contractors:-
Neverlate Electrical - 6581 5536
Laser Plumbing - 02 65814589
Port Plumbing - 0404 678 910
Essential Energy: 13 20 80
SES: 132 500
What should I do if I cannot reach anyone?
If you are unable to contact any of the above number, please contact a tradesperson relevant to the emergency you have. Refer to yellowpages.com.au for listings.
For your own safety and the safety of any family or visitors, please ensure that you remain away from anything you believe to be unsafe until it is rectified to be safe. We particularly request that you refrain from climbing ladders/roofs etc and we also request that you keep well away from any electrical fault.
Is your problem really an EMERGENCY? Read the following tips to see if you can easily fix the problem first.
- Have you contacted Essential Energy?
There may be a fault in the street. Please call 13 20 80 to speak to a customer service representative.
- Have you checked your fuse box?
There may have been an overload and the safety switch has been activated and needs resetting.
- Have you checked that one of your appliances is not faulty?
Unplug all appliances in the house. Reset the safety switch in the meter box. Plug in the fridge and turn on the power point, check the safety switch. If the safety switch clicks off then you know that there is a fault with the fridge and you will need to get it repaired.
Otherwise disconnect the fridge and plug in the stereo and continue checking all appliances until the faulty appliance is located. If our electrician attends to your repair request and finds the fault is with one of your appliances, then you will be charged for the service fee.
- Lights are not working or power points are not working?
Have you checked your fuse box? If there has been an overload the safety switch may need resetting.
Have you replaced the light bulb?
No hot water?
- Is it Gas or Electric?
Have you arranged for the connection of your Gas or Electricity? Have you turned on the Hot Water switch in the meter box.
- If it is an Electric Hot Water System - Have you checked to see if your hot water system needs refilling/topping up?
There is normally a copper valve on electric hot water systems and an overflow pipe. Pull up this lever until a flow of water starts coming out of the overflow pipe. This quite commonly needs to be carried out every six months or so.
- Have you checked the fuse in the meter box?
- Have you checked that the water tap on the hot water system itself is turned on?
- If it is a Gas Hot Water System - Have you checked to see if your pilot light has gone out?
Some gas hot water systems can be easily relit - others may require a tradesperson.
Stove element is not working?
- Have you checked the connections to make sure they are not loose or dirty?
Sometimes pulling the element out and cleaning them and putting back in again can fix the problem.
- Is the stove turned on at the isolation switch?
There is often a switch on the wall near the stove that must be turned on.
- Is the clock on the stove/oven set?
Many stoves will not operate if it has not been set. Set the clock before trying again.
Kitchen/bathroom sink is blocked?
- Have you tried using some Draino to try and free the blockage?
- Have you tried pouring boiling water down the sink to clear the drain?
- Have you removed old food from the kitchen waste & poured boiling water down the drain?
Do not put fat and oil into the drain as these will clog up the pipes.